13 November 2009

GBS: Rearranging the Deck Chairs on the Titanic

Just a quick status update: The parties-plaintiff did file their "revised" settlement documents this evening. I've got downloaded copies off of the filing system, and I'll point to them from a publicly accessible site when they're available and verified.

I'm not impressed. (In fact, I'm insulted... but that shouldn't be much of a surprise.) It took two months to change 3% of the settlement, and some of the changes made things worse. I'll blather on at greater length over the next few days.

The bottom line is that in concept, in detail, and in procedure the settlement remains unacceptable and reflects poorly upon the fulfillment of counsel's duties to the absent class members. And that's the nicest thing I've got to say about it...