Novel (over 40,000 words)
- Saladin Ahmed, Throne of the Crescent Moon
- Tina Connolly, Ironskin
- N.K. Jemison, The Killing Moon
- Caitlin R. Kiernan, The Drowning Girl
- Mary Robinette Kowal, Glamour in Glass
- Kim Stanley Robinson, 2312
Novella (17,50040,000 words)
- Aliette de Bodard, On a Red Station, Drifting
- Nancy Kress, Before the Fall, During the Fall, After the Fall
- Jay Lake, "The Stars Do Not Lie"
- Ken Liu, "All the Flavors"
- Robert Reed, "Katabasis"
- Lawrence M. Schoen, "Barry's Tale"
Novelette (7,50017,500 words)
- Catherine Asaro, "The Pyre of New Day"
- Andy Duncan, "Close Encounters"
- Ken Liu, "The Waves"
- Brit Mandelo, "The Finite Canvas"
- Meghan McCarron, "Swift, Brutal Retaliation"
- Rachel Swirsky, "Portrait of Lisane de Patagnia"
- Catherynne M. Valente, "Fade to White"
Short Story (up to 7,500 words)
- Helena Ball, "Robot"
- Aliette de Bodard, "Immersion"
- Tom Crosshill, "Fragmentation, or Ten Thousand Goodbyes"
- Leah Cypress, "Nanny's Day"
- Maria Dahvana Headley, "Give Her Honey When You Hear Her Scream"
- Ken Liu, "The Bookmaking Habits of Select Species"
- Cat Rambo, "Five Ways to Fall in Love on Planet Porcelain"
Ray Bradbury (outstanding dramatic presentation)
- Drew Goddard (dir)/Joss Whedon & Drew Goddard (scr), The Cabin in the Woods
- Rian Johnson/Rian Johnson, Looper
- Gary Ross/Gary Ross, Suzanne Collins, & Billy Ray, The Hunger Games
- Andrew Stanton/Michael Chabon, Mark Andrews, & Andrew Stanton, John Carter
- Joss Whedon/Joss Whedon & Zak Penn, The Avengers
- Behn Zeitlin/Behn Zeitlin & Lucy Abilar, Beasts of the Southern Wild
Andre Norton (young adult works... and under the rules, there's no specific length)
- Kelly Barnhill, Iron Hearted Violet
- Holly Black, Black Heart
- Leah Bobet, Above
- Libba Bray, The Diviners
- Sarah Beth Durst, Vessel
- Rachel Hartman, Seraphina
- Alethea Kontis, Enchanted
- David Levithan, Every Day
- Guadalupe Garcia McCall, Summer of the Mariposas
- China Miéville, Railsea
- E.C. Myers, Fair Coin
- Jenn Reese, Above World