- I don't want to see Donald Trump's tax return. I want to see a birth certificate for his hair... and the full accounting statements (not just the summaries) for each of the three corporations he's managed into bankruptcy for both the time of bankruptcy and one year before that.
- Here's a thought on drug policy: Treat the cause, not the symptom... at least up until the point of "consequential criminal behavior" like DUIs. By analogy, compare the cost of all the vaccinations against whooping cough (pertussis) against the cost of treating one year's worth of pertussis cases, not to mention the mortality...
- Patronage may have gotten us Michelangelo, but we have no idea what it directly or indirectly suppressed. That's why there needs to be at least some government support for the arts and some market (as opposed to patron) support for the arts. In short, we need all three for diversity, or the next Guernica may remain forever locked in an artist's head.
- Some interesting thoughts on further extensions of copyright in sound recordings in Europe from a Pirate Party MEP... who actually sounds like an MEP and not a pirate (although the article does not make clear whether he had a pegleg and/or a parrot).
- Some interesting thoughts on passover propriety not based in scripture. Meanwhile, the first-born sons of Egypt continue to struggle against the legacy of another insane Egyptian tyrant.
19 April 2011
at 09:48 [UTC8]
Some of these link sausages are not all that current... one might call them "carefully aged" except for the "careful" part.